Monday, September 13, 2010

It Came from the Darkness! Word Count 247

     Growing up I was more into cartoons and superhero comics. My interests ranged from crime fighting turtles to guys in different colored spandex. Reading was not one of these interests. I did however love the pictures in there. Then one day my cousin made me go to this movie with her because it was based off of one of her favorite books of all time. Since I was not a fan of reading I had never heard of it before. She knew my interests and thought I would enjoy it. I sat there in a crowded theatre with the smell of pop corn and cleaning supplies filling the room. Many of the people were dressed in character for the different roles in the movie. A little out of place and creeped out from the people I sat there still and quiet. More and more people filled the room and then the lights went out and got as dark as room at night. Previews flashed and people started to get reckless from anticipation and wanting to see the movie of their beloved book. As soon as the previews ended and the movie began playing a sigh of relief and excitement filled the room. The movie played and I sat in awe at the wonderful story line and graphic images. I fell in love with the movie and for the following years I could not put the books down and gained more interest in reading. Thank you Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment